Human Resources Generalist
Under general supervision, the HR Generalist provides a high level of service to internal customers and contributes to achieving department and institutional goals. The HR Generalist position has a particular focus on attracting, motivating and retaining a high performing diverse workforce. The incumbent will also be accountable for providing coaching and guidance on employee programs including but not limited to workforce planning, compliance, benefits administration, employment practices and creating and maintaining a positive employee relations environment. This position reports to the Manager of Human Resources.
Knowledge and Ability Required:
In partnership with the Human Resources Manager, manages the design, development and implementation of a full cycle recruitment program.
Works with department leaders to develop an understanding of their staffing needs; identify and source top talent through multiple avenues including job boards, social networking sites, industry sites, colleges and universities, and networking events.
Coordinates, recruiting timeline for each vacancy; job posting; oversees applicant tracking system to identity and track a qualified pool of candidates. Manage candidate status and reporting using HRIS system; provide weekly reports on the effectiveness of recruitment activities and the status of open positions.
Facilitates new hire orientation and guest relations training in a dynamic, creative and engaging manner.
Serve as Human Resources point of contact for all seasonal employee relations matters. Provide day to day employee relations guidance to department managers pertaining to seasonal staff, including but not limited to workforce planning, compliance, and maintaining a positive employee relations environment. Assist department leaders in thinking through issues, problem solve and provide recommendations. Review employee complaints and ensuring accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues. Facilitating actions to resolve the employee issues and escalating them to appropriate management team.
Provides administrative support to benefits, compensation and HRIS programs.
Serve as primary point of contact in ensuring compliance with state and federal guidelines.
Participate in special project assignments including automation of HR processes, policy development, and other human capital initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on recruitment/talent acquisition, motivation and retention.
2. Thorough understanding of Human Resources and general business principles.
3. Knowledgeable in labor and employment laws.
4. Experience handling employees relations issue; investigating complaints, disciplining and termination; auditing personnel and other files.
5. Demonstrated customer service skills; ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships within the organization and with outside resources; superior interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse personalities; tactful; mature; flexible.
6. Ability to work cooperatively, to establish priorities and coordinate and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must have previous experience using HRIS software. Experience using ADP-HRB software a plus.
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, evenings and holidays. Must be a team player and assist with department projects and attend department and institutional events.
1. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including; criminal records and PA child abuse clearance. FBI clearance required for all non-PA residents.
Physical and Medical Requirements:
1. No allergies related to plants or animals that would interfere with the ability to work.
2. Successful completion of a TB and drug test.
If interested, please complete the online application at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=7280231