It's easy to live "greener." Options range from the simple - changing your brand of laundry detergent - to the more involved - integrating wind or solar power into your energy usage.
An inventory of personal actions from StopGlobalWarming.org that you can take to reduce your impact on the environment is offered below. Coupled with these tips is the amount of carbon dioxide you WON’T emit and the money you‘ll save – not to mention the wildlife –when you act.
Download the Philadelphia Zoo’s, “Greening Your Life” wallet card to help you live greener.
Everyday Cheap and Easy
- Save 300 lbs. of carbon dioxide and $60 per year.
- Save 200 lbs. of carbon dioxide and $40 per year. Use energy-saving settings to dry dishes and don't use heat when drying.
- Save 2,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide and $98 per year.
- Save 500 lbs. of carbon dioxide and $30 per year.
- Save 300 lbs. of cardon dioxide and $150 per year.
- Save 5,000 lbs. of carbon dioxide per year.
- New refrigerator = 500 lbs/$60 saved. New washing machine = 440 lbs/$45 saved.
- Save 500 lbs. of carbon dioxide per year.
- Save over 1,000 lbs of carbon dioxide and $256 per year.
- Save 700 lbs. of carbon dioxide and $75 per year.